New Year’s Eve is just around the corner. If you’re looking for a memorable way to ring in the New Year with that special someone in your life or with your family and friends, there are several different ways to make this year’s celebration particularly special.
- Plan an intimate dinner for two: Whether you’re a newlywed or have been married for years, planning a special evening for just the two of you on New Year’s Eve can be one of the most romantic ways to ring in the New Year. Even if you’re single, this is a great way to convince that special person you’re interested in to spend more time with you in the coming year. If you like to cook, it should be no problem to create a celebratory meal for your special guy or gal. If you’re not a cook, pick up takeout sushi or Chinese food, chill a bottle of champagne, light some candles and let the celebrating begin!
- Give him or her a special gift: If you’ve been waiting for just the right moment to surprise the man or woman in your life with a gift that he or she will always remember, there’s no better time to do it than New Year’s Eve. Jewelry is a great choice for both men and women. Make your selection from the huge variety of contemporary men’s gold rings, for example, or maybe choose a diamond pendant for her. Presenting the special person in your life with a memorable gift on New Year’s is sure to surprise and delight your partner. Whatever your choice may be – from men’s gold rings to any fashionable piece of women’s jewelry – he or she will be delighted with this unexpected gift.
- Participate in an adventure for New Year’s: Treat the man or woman in your life – or even one or two close friends – to a New Year’s Eve adventure. What you choose will depend on what’s available in your local area. Consider a hot air balloon ride on New Year’s Day, be a passenger for a sleigh ride on a snowy New Year’s evening, arrange a horseback trip with a local stable, or pack up a picnic dinner and plan for a night of stargazing away from city lights.
- Celebrate with a “Share Your Resolutions” party: If you’d prefer a crowd on New Year’s Eve, consider having a party for family and friends that includes appetizers and cocktails, followed by a time afterward when each person can have the chance to share at least one resolution for the New Year. If you have a few guests who don’t want to share, that’s fine too. However, chances are you’ll have plenty of participants who’ll enjoy divulging at least one New Year’s resolution with other partygoers.
- Volunteer: One very special way to ring in the New Year is to volunteer at a local homeless shelter, food gathering organization or some other charity that is planning a volunteer event on New Year’s Eve. If you can’t find a charity where you can donate your time, clean out your closets and give away clothes and shoes to needy people in your area. Alternatively, spend a few extra dollars during your next trip to the grocery store and donate the food to local people in need.
Finding the right way to welcome the New Year can really help to start off the next 12 months on the right track. Whether it’s surprising someone you love with men’s gold rings or women’s jewelry, or discovering a way to volunteer your time to help others in need, make this New Year particularly special by choosing the best way possible to start it off.