Nothing quite describes the hassle when you go to buy an engagement ring. When it’s time to pop the question, there are major life decisions to be made. Picking out an engagement ring is no different. It is definitely no walk in the park; if anything, it could get pretty overwhelming. You obviously want her all giddy when you finally give her the ring. For it to play out in your favour, you need you choose a ring that suits her, one that she will undoubtedly love.
Before diving into it, prior knowledge about jewellery, more specifically engagement rings, is of the essence. For anyone looking to buy an engagement ring, a little guidance would definitely be a great relief. Ideally, after reading this article, you should have a slight overview of some of the most essential aspects of an engagement ring purchase. The following tips should prove rather helpful on what can only described as one heck of a roller coaster ride.
- Your Budget is the key determinant given how important an engagement ring is, most people typically set aside a good sum of their savings for its purchase. Even so, your pockets may not as deep as you’d wish they were. That, however, does not mean driving yourself to bankruptcy in an attempt to impress the girl you hope to marry. Notably, it is possible to find a ring that works for you no matter your budget. All you need is a clear outline of the amount of money you intend to spend from the very beginning. This way, the jeweller you choose to work with will help you pick out the best ring within the limits of your budget.
- The 4C’s The 4C’s are an integral part of buying an engagement ring, especially if you intend to get a diamond one. Diamond is after all a girl’s best friend. What better way is there to blow away your significant other than a diamond engagement ring. This is where the 4C’s (cut, colour, clarity and carat) come in. These four factors define the quality of a diamond. Being well versed about the 4C’s will go a long way in helping you choose a quality ring that will definitely impress her.
- The Metal Depending on your budget, it is important to pick a quality metal type that’s bound to last a while. Gold, silver or platinum are currently the most common ring metals right now. Their durability are the reason behind their widespread popularity. Although rather pricey, they beat soft metals that scratch easily. You may even choose to use a mixture of different metals for a unique blend outcome. Most importantly, find out if your partner is allergic to the particular metal you settle on. Metal can have catastrophic effects on sensitive skin.
- The Style Matters Too The style determines the overall look the ring gives off. The style needs to reflect her character. It should be something she loves or seems quite obsessed with. Simply observing what kind of jewellery she loves or her overall sense of style will prove a great help in this case.
- The Ring Size Although rings can be resized, it’s easier to avoid all the trouble by getting the ring size just right. Take one of her usual rings and have your jeweller shape up the engagement ring in its size. Better yet, have one of her friends or siblings help you out with this. This will help avoid any size issues later on. Precautions 1. Investigate your jeweller’s credibility to avoid a rip off. You can do this by asking for legitimacy documents, asking around about their authenticity or by simply carrying out an online search. 2. Ensure the ring you pick is authentic and worth your money. The easiest way to do this is by ensuring your jeweller’s credibility.
An engagement ring is an important symbolic feature of any engagement. Therefore, a lot of thought, research, patience and time input is necessary if you intend to find that perfect ring. Ultimately, when it is finally time to buy an engagement ring, one must be ready to make a series of choices; right from choosing the best jeweller down to details as small as the shape of the stone picked.